Friday, May 03, 2013

Solo tour

Big winter there was snow two feet above the railing on May 1st.
Not so much this year.

I would only make it to the red star.

Red star marks high point.  Late start and warming sun kept me from making
the summit before my turn around time.


I get nervous approaching this zone in winter, so much exposure from above.

Red star marks high point for the day.  I will have to make a summit
another day.

Wowsatch!

Snow is melting out of the approach trail.

Red Baldy

Red Baldy with Long John Silver in the background.


Still far to the top!



Streams coming out of hibernation.



You can see the skin track got covered by two small wet slides from the
day before.

Power of an avalanche.  How much force does it take to snap
a 12 inch tree trunk in half?

2 comments:

snowone said...

Solide effort, "BeardO"! If I didn't know better, I'd go so far as to call you a Hippy.

a man said...

I COULD SNAP A 12" TREE TRUNK EASY

GOOD BLOGGINZ BLUD