Sunday, October 30, 2011

Getting Antsy!

Starting to get real antsy for the snowboard season.   Last year was one for the record books.  I felt like I rode constant powder all year long from the start.  My first powder day was October 27th and my last powder day was May 30th.   I can honestly say it was one of my best seasons of my life!  First time I can remember in a long time that I did not go out of State to shred. Why leave when the backyard is firing?  A look back at some of the  highlights of a 783 inch snowfall year, click to enlarge the photos.


October 27, 2010, first turns of the year.  Alta, Utah,  start of a great season!

 My favorite picture of the year.  My son and wife getting first tracks on a West Baldy chute in January!

 Powder day at Powder Mountain.  Best day I have ever had there!  
Lindsay Goeller slashes one of many powder runs from that February day.

 Brian Bybee getting ridiculously deep on Baldy last March. 
This shot epitomizes why I moved to Utah!

Aaron Boyer throwing up cold smoke under blue skies last April.  April is when you get overnight dumps with sunny days!  My favorite shred month!

Salam Mahi throws it up on May 30th!  It was my last powder day of the year and it was legit!  Only in Utah have I experienced epic pow days until the end of May and even into early June.

2 comments:

UtRider said...

I'm with you. Let's get this season started!

AB said...

Nice recap of the season!