Monday, April 13, 2009

Seriously?

Synopsis:...Winter Storm Watch for Tuesday through Thursday... Storm system moving south along the Pacific Northwest coast will turn the corner late tonight and move into the Great Basin Tuesday. A southwest to southerly flow will prevail Tuesday and Tuesday night ahead of the 700 mb baroclinic zone which will not reach the Wasatch until Wednesday morning. This system will affect the region through Thursday. Snow levels will begin near 9000 to 10000 ft tonight and lower to near 8500 ft Tuesday afternoon.

Remarks: Storm snow totals of 20 to 36 inches expected with storm water totals between 2.5 to 3.5 inches.

Its funny to me how people get so amped on winter in November when the snowpack sucks but come April they all start thinking about summer and slack on their shred time? April always seems to give me better pow days than November ever will. I love this time of year! Empty trams, first tracks all day, plenty of sunshine between insane powder days and it's hard pressed to see a tourist family from Texas this time of year. I am so glad to get the opportunity to make up for lost powder days that I missed due to injuries this winter.

3 comments:

snowone said...

based on the amount of rain/snow/water that rolled through the PNW yesterday and today... UT is in fact due for yet another doozie. It was pissing HARD, very WET one

UtRider said...

I'm wishing I had a pass to Snowbird about now. Only 1 more week of riding Brighton and my season is over. Why do the other resorts close so early?!

a. said...

SRSLY