Thursday, April 24, 2008

Heli Day 3 Alaska

Awoke to another bluebird day. Today all the film crews were anxious to get their shots. Film crews were even stepping on each others toes today. I heard one crew exclaim, "Did you just say they are shooting with doors off with one of the helicopters, we have not even taken our first run in this beautiful light, heads are gonna roll when they get back!" I guess it wasn't anything a couple cases of beer and dinner couldn't smooth over later.


Ever wonder how they get those amazing shots from the helicopter?


It is so hard to wait your turn. A heli heads off to get the goods!


You can see the TGR crew filming their lines. (click photos to enlarge)


A powder avalanche rips down the face.

Our day finally starts.



Claudio and Aaron keep an eye on things.








Waiting on the glacier to get the next bump.


Avalanche Sequence
Click on photos to enlarge




We got video of this slide too, I will post it once I get it. It may not look like much in the photos, but trust me, you wouldn't want to be anywhere near this thing.

Glad to make it through another day!

1 comment:

Marsha J. said...

Wow - your footage is fantastic. I am impressed with your work, as usual. Why were they doing all that filming? I am so glad you got to go.